- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- What information we share
- The choices we offer
Section I – Advertising Services
The benefits of interest based advertising:
- We will send you relevant ads can offer you deals and discounts that may interest you and save you money.
- We will market to you with offers in the form of e-mail
- Just by visiting our website you may be see ads from us in various places on the internet as you are being re-targeted.
What information does Pacific Northwest Garden Supply collect and how do we use that information?
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply collects data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website, the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or the websites and online services where we display advertisements (“Publishers”). This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on.
We do not target ads to you based on sensitive personal data, such as information related to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life. Where permitted by law, we may show you more relevant ads based on your perceived interest in gardening supplies.
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply may target ads based on data provided by Advertisers or partners alone or in combination with the data we collect ourselves. Any data used to serve targeted advertisements is de-identified and is not used to personally or directly identify you. We require third parties, including Publishers, to provide notice and obtain appropriate consent, where required by applicable law.
Third Parties on our Website and Our Advertisers’ Websites
In order for Pacific Northwest Garden Supply and our Advertisers to reach the best inventory online, we work with third party advertising companies (our “Advertising Partners”) to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit a website or online service in their network. We also work with Advertising Partners who help us recognize you across different devices in order to show you relevant advertisements. Our Advertising Partners may collect information about your activities on our website, our Advertisers’ websites, and other websites or online services in their networks. We also work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics such as evaluating the use and operation of our website so that we can continue to enhance the website and our services.
Technologies We and Our Third Party Advertising Partners Use
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply uses technologies such as cookies and pixels to keep track of your activities on our website and our Advertiser’s websites, and to serve you more relevant advertisements. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. We and our third party partners use session cookies and persistent cookies to make it easier for you to navigate and enhance the experience of our site, and to monitor and evaluate our website’s operation and use.
We use persistent cookies to keep track of your activities when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites, and to serve you relevant advertisements. Our Advertising Partners also place persistent cookies on your device when you visit our website or our Advertisers’ websites in order to help us recognize you and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit their website or online service or websites in their networks. Pacific Northwest Garden Supply’s policy is that our Advertising Partners only collect information that does not personally or directly identify you via these cookies and we will cease working with partners found violating this policy. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. You may also decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
Your choices regarding relevant advertisements
We believe in giving you control over which ads you see. You may opt out of having your data collected from this device for the purpose of receiving Retargeted ads from Pacific Northwest Garden Supply (whether served by us or on our behalf). You may also opt out of receiving relevant ads from some of our Advertising Partners. If you delete your cookies you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices, you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out via the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
We provide opt-out mechanisms through the tools linked above and do not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Where required by applicable law, we obtain individuals’ consent for storing and receiving information collected via technologies such as cookies and pixels to keep track of your activities on our website and our Advertiser’s websites, and to serve you more relevant advertisements.
What is that icon on the ads we serve?
We use the Evidon assurance platform to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the DAA. As part of this service, online advertisements and website are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide consumers choice regarding the ads that they receive.
How we share your information
We may share your information with:
- Service providers mentalhealthdrugs.com under contract who help with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. We may share your information with service providers who assist us with serving relevant ads to you. We require by contract that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- We share data derived from or relating to cookies, tracking pixels and other similar technologies with third parties that use re-targeting services so such businesses can target you with ads which they think you might be interested in based on your browsing behavior.
- We may share aggregated non-identifiable information with Publishers or our Advertisers, such as the number of users who visit a Publisher website or the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the website publishers that you visit to learn about their data collection practices. We do not provide information to our Advertisers about your activities. However, when you view or interact with a Retargeted ad, the Advertiser may infer that you engaged in the activities on its site that qualified you to receive the ad.
- Companies that Pacific Northwest Garden Supply is affiliated with.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- We may share information about you if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of others.
After 14 months from the date of collection, we de-identify the data that we collect by removing unique identifiers and truncating IP addresses.
Section II – Pacific Northwest Garden Supply Customers
Account information we collect
If you open an account, we collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information – your name, address, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information – PayPal account information that you link to your PNWgardensupply.com account.
- PNWgardensupply.com account login information.
We may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
Some categories of personal information may be marked as mandatory in our online and offline forms. We may not be able to provide you with the product or service requested if you decide not to provide the personal information marked as mandatory.
We do not link the non-personally identifiable information we store using cookies (described above) to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who assist us with our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our service providers are only authorized to use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- We may share information about you if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Pacific Northwest Garden Supply or others.
Other Site Policies That Apply To Both Section I & II
How we protect personal information
We employ reasonable and appropriate security measures such as maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable security requirements, including US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption; we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files; and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. All credit card information is encrypted with 128-bit SSL encryption before it is transmitted across the network. However, no security system is foolproof and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply is not a site meant for children, and we do not provide privacy measures designed to protect children when using the Internet unsupervised. Pacific Northwest Garden Supply also does not knowingly target children under the age of 13 and makes reasonable efforts to ensure that this does not occur across any campaigns it runs on behalf of advertisers or for its own marketing.
Other Sites Policies
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply has no control over, nor does it bear any of the responsibility for the privacy policies and/or content of any sites or advertisers linked to or on our website, or the cookies these sites might set in your browser.
How you can contact us about privacy questions or complaints
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact [email protected] or write to us at the address below.
If you wish to make a complaint about our practices related to online behavioural advertising, you can contact [email protected] or write to us at the address below.
Pacific Northwest Garden Supply
Attn: User Agreement Issues
15374 103A Ave
Surrey, BC Canada